How To Slay On Low Budget
Have you ever been surfing through the internet, probably Pinterest or Instagram and come across a denim black top or gown and feel like you really should have that? Or your friends hit the mall during the weekends and you really want to go but can't?
Have you ever been surfing through the internet, probably Pinterest or Instagram and come across a denim black top or gown and feel like you really should have that? Or your friends hit the mall during the weekends and you really want to go but can’t?
I have been through such episodes and I still go through them. But now its entirely different because I know how best to react to stuffs like that.
PS. You don’t have to completely avoid sites or your friends, you just have to be contented with what you have and be able to discern between wants and needs.
Have you ever heard the slogan; cheap quality is the new trend? You probably haven’t because I recently just composed it.
Anyway, check out the few tricks on how you could awesomely rock on a very low or tight budget.
1. First of all, be contented. I already said that but I just thought I should emphasize on it. As a low income earner, you can’t spend half of your salary on Gucci or Casio things. How would you survive? Its rather ridiculous to spend $499 on a Vuitton outfit and have just $1 in your purse. Think about it.
2. Know your style. Don’t shop for things because its in trend. You may end up regretting it. Know what works best for you. Knowing what best works for you will help you relax properly into your budget. You can’t buy a dress because an Instagram model wore it and she looked all shades of sexiness. Buy a dress because it will fit your body and pocket well. All circles back to being contented.
3. Make a list. You may be asking, is this necessary? How will a list help? Make a list of what?
But its always important to have a shopping list even if you can’t afford it all. Make your list in order of importance. Don’t write down hair as number 1 priority when you need a pad.
Making a list will help you know the most important things you need and how much they’d cost. For instance, your list may have hair, makeup, shoes, nails, clothes, bags, etc. You need to arrange them according to how urgent you need them. When you’re done, write down their prices and then check it out with how much you had budgeted. If all the important things will cost you $100 and your budget says $150, you can see that you will have change to get other things.
4. Also, understand that shopping from a boutique doesn’t guarantee QUALITY. You can shop from a small store or from the market and still get cheap quality outfits.
5. Rock your own outfits. If you don’t have enough money to shop at all, try rocking your old outfits. Get that rugged jeans you dumped because you thought it’s torn and can never be worn again. Take out your crop top or bogus polo from your hanger and explore. You can either rock the jeans with the crop top or with the bogus polo(knot it at the back or a little bit above your navel). Viola! A slay queen is made.
Torn jeans and knotted polo are trendy now so trust me, you wouldn’t look lost in the past.
You have to be smart about this. Its really that simple.